The MRRG has multiple research projects. Please click on the subheading in the left column for additional information on current and past MRRG research
- What is the current conservation status of M. modiolus in Strangford Lough?
- Are artificial reefs efficacious in the restoration of M. modiolus in Strangford Lough?
- What is the predicted length of time, and necessary conditions, to achieve restoration?
- Is translocation of Modiolus mussels a suitable and potentially effective tool for restoration?
- What are the impacts of removing top predators (e.g. crabs by pot-fishing) on restoration potential of Modiolus communities?